LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTY ("Limited Warranty")
Refracts Technologies Pte Ltd (“Refract”) warrants the Product to be free from material defects in materials and workmanship (“Defects”) under normal consumer use in accordance with the official documentation for the Warranty Period.
Exclusions and Limitations.
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
● damage caused by unacceptable use or care of the Product, including but not limited to misuse, abuse, negligence, unauthorized modification or repair, unauthorized commercial use or any operation outside the usage parameters stated in the User’s Manual;
● battery life, as rechargeable batteries are expected to lose charging capacity over time and this is not considered a defect. Actual battery life will vary depending on the usage;
● software, including but not limited to (i) the operating system and software added to the AXIS-branded hardware products through our factory-integration system, (ii) other third-party software, or any data files;
● non-Refract branded products and accessories, even if packaged and sold with the Product;
● Malfunctions caused by misuse or abuse, improper installation, operation or maintenance, improper connections or peripherals, use of non-Refract spare parts, service modifications or repair performed by a person not authorized by Refract, or other conditions not arising from defects in Product material or workmanship. All Products should only be serviced by Refract and/or our Authorised Dealers.
● claims arising from external causes, including (without limitation), accidental or intentional damage (eg. Water spills, knocks, dropped), acts of God, fire or earthquake;
● products with a serial number or date stamp that has been altered, obliterated or removed;
● cosmetic damage or minor abnormalities, defects resulting from normal wear and tear, including but not limited to scratches and dents.
Refract does not warrant that the operation of the Product will be uninterrupted or error-free. All software and third party products and accessories provided with the Product are provided “AS IS” Any eligible claim on the Limited Warranty within the applicable Warranty Period, Refract will (at its sole option) either: (a) repair the Product or the defective parts, using new or refurbished replacement parts; (b) exchange the Product.
Refract reserves the sole right to determine whether the Product is defective and eligible claim. Repaired or exchanged Products shall be warranted free from defects for a period of ninety (90) days after date of repair or exchange (as the case may be), or for the remainder of the original Warranty Period, whichever is longer. All implied warranties or conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose are limited to the duration of the applicable warranty period. All other express or implied conditions, representations and warranties, including any implied warranty of non-infringement, are disclaimed. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary by jurisdiction. No Refract supplier, dealer, agent, or employee is authorized to alter or extend the terms of this Limited Warranty or to make any representation whatsoever. Refract reserves the right to amend the terms of this Limited Warranty at any time without notice.
Except as provided in this warranty and to the maximum extent permitted by law, Refract is not responsible for direct, special, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any breach of warranty or condition, or under any other legal theory, including but not limited to loss of use; loss of revenue; loss of actual or anticipated profits (including loss of profits on contracts); loss of the use of money; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business; loss of opportunity; loss of goodwill; loss of reputation; loss of, damage to or corruption of data; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever caused including the replacement of equipment and property, any costs of recovering or reproducing any data stored on or used with the Product. The foregoing limitation shall not apply to death or personal injury claims, or any statutory liability for intentional and gross negligent acts and/or omissions by Refract. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages; to the extent such jurisdiction is governing this Warranty the above limitations do not apply to you.
Limited Warranty Claim
For any Limited Warranty claim, a valid Proof of Purchase is required. A valid Proof of Purchase is defined as one of the following:
● A dated sales receipt issued from Refract official website or from an authorized Dealer or Reseller with the Product description and price; or
● A dated official e-mail from an authorized online Dealer or Reseller confirming purchase and shipment of Product and showing the Product description and price; or
● If purchase from crowdfunding platform such as Kickstarter, an official receipt issued by the crowdfunding platform.
The following will not be accepted as Proof of Purchase:
● The UPC bar code from the box;
● A picture of the Product;
● Receipts from non-authorized dealers or vendors;
● Receipts from any online auction sites, liquidators or clearance houses;
● Credit card statements.
Refract reserves the right to take any action to protect itself against all forms of suspicious claims, including, without limitation, requiring further verification of identity and details of claimant and qualifying purchases as well as debarment of claim.
Product Warranty Period
Our standard Limited Warranty support for a time period of 12 months commencing upon the date of retail purchase of your Product. Certain "end of life", sell out or discontinued Products may have a shorter Warranty Period; this will be clearly marked at the time of purchase and the given Warranty Period will be stated at that time. If you are uncertain whether your Product is eligible for Limited Warranty support, please contact our customer service team for clarification.
Refract does not offer a warranty for third-party products. If you need product or warranty support with your third-party product, please contact the product manufacturer.